Monday, April 25, 2011

for the love of oreos!

if you love oreos, this is the recipe for you! it is so popular with all of my in-laws that i am signed up to make it for every gathering. 

oreo truffles
1 pkg oreos, minus 2 (not sure why!)
1 pkg cream cheese, room temperature
1 pkg almond bark
it could not be simpler! put the oreos through the food processor and then put it all in a big bowl. use your hands to work the cream cheese through the crumbs until it it totally mixed together. this is the messy and fun way (especially if you have kids!) you can just as easily add the softened cream cheese to the food processor with the oreos once the oreos have been sufficiently pulverized. after this, i suggest putting the mixture in a bowl and putting it in the fridge so it's easier to work with.
next, cover a cookie sheet with wax paper. make small balls out of the oreo mixture and put them on the sheet. once they are all made, put them in the fridge for a few minutes to chill. while they chill down and firm up, melt the almond bark in a double boiler. then dunk the oreo balls in the almond bark and put back on the cookie sheet. i always top them with seasonally appropriate sprinkles. i also really like the white almond bark flavor with these, even though i hate white chocolate. you could also use real chocolate to dunk them in. i haven't because i think if i deviate from the original recipe there will be a revolt. some like them cold out of the fridge. some like them room temp so they are creamy and delicious inside (that would be me). they also freeze really well so you could make a batch or five, freeze them, and then take one out every once in a while when you need a special little treat. give 'em a try. seriously!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious! Would you beleive my brother hates oreos? Everytime he refuses them my brain pulls a Scooby-Doo..."Hurr?!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried these before and they are AWESOME! Thanks for reminding me about them because I'm in charge of all the desserts at my niece's baby shower in a couple months. I'm sure these will be a hit.

    Hmmmmm, my latest post was about my diet. And look where I end up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I an not sure which I like better...your shop or your Oreo receipe...just kidding...love your shop and love the necklace that i bought ....am receiving wonderful compliments about the pendant!!

    ReplyDelete