Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Red Velvet Cake Batter Dip

So I've really been in the mood to eat something red velvet lately. Not in the mood for just a plain old typical red cake, I went straight to Pinterest for some ideas. I found a red velvet dip and it looked absolutely delicious but it also looked way bad for me. It had cake mix and cream cheese and butter and extra sugar (like there isn't enough in the cake mix already!) I've been trying to make better decisions lately, and let's be honest have a lot of baby way to lose, so I knew I'd feel awful if I made that and wound up eating it all myself. 
So what's a girl to do? Make my own of course and let me tell you it wound up being pretty tasty. It was super quick, super easy, and super yummy. It definitely scratched the itch and it also gave me a way to use the chocolate pita chips I had bought at the store on a whim.

Red Velvet Cake Batter Dip

1/2 box red velvet cake mix (I used Dunkin Hines  Moist Deluxe)
1 cup Greek yogurt
1 container cool whip

Mix these all together until there are no more cake mix lumps. I did it by hand, but it would probably be way easier to use a hand mixer or something. 

For Dipping:
I had Stacy's Chocolate Pita Chips and Nilla Wafers. I think I liked the Nilla Wafers better. 

It would look really pretty if presented with some mini chocolate chips sprinkled on top. 

Oh, and it will fit back into the cool whip container if you happen to eat some right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment